Dear Intrepid Gigglers, we are very proud to announce the 13th Qld Girlfriends giggle, Try Again! To be held on Friday 13th May 2022 to Sunday 15th May 2022. After the disappointment of the August 2020 giggle cancellation, we have made a few changes to keep the costs of the Giggle at 2020 price level. You can be black and bling, dotty and wacky all in the one weekend.
• If I had not cancelled in March, we would have lost another 35% of the monies retained with SeaWorld and continued to lose 35% each quarter until the proposed time for the Giggle 2020. This is because of the contract signed with SeaWorld which organisers sign every time you organise a large venue and function such as this.
• This pandemic is totally new to anyone in Australia, insurance would not cover lost monies as it was not covered by Force Majeure. It certainly was not the fault of anyone.
• It took many weeks to negotiate the refund from SeaWorld, much stress and angst. All attendees who had paid money to us, including the ones who only paid some of their registration, received a refund of their money paid minus the $105, fair for everyone.
• All tour money was refunded to the attendees who booked tours, so no-one ending up paying for their tours.
• Again, we have been negotiating hard with SeaWorld, and have managed to keep the price of the next Giggle the same as 2020 even though it is in 2 years time!!! The SeaWorld accommodation has gone up by a mere A$10 per night.
• Anyone who paid monies for the 2020 Giggle will be discounted $30 per person on the price of the 2022 Giggle, using the SeaWorld retained monies. In other words, if anyone paid for 2020 Giggle, you will need to pay only $325 for the 2022 Giggle, thus giving previous Gigglers a further $30 refund on the last Giggle. SeaWorld holds this money, we could not access it and will only be available to us if and when we re-booked with SeaWorld for the next Giggle.
• Thus, this is the story of the clean up from 2020, and we really hope that we will see you all back in 2022.
2022 Queensland’s GIRLFRIEND’S GIGGLE – 13TH – 15th May 2022
Let’s Giggle Again (like we didn’t in 2020)! TO BE HELD AT
SeaWorld Convention Resort, Gold Coast, SeaWorld Drive, Main Beach Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
SeaWorld Resort Friday 12noon -5pm Saturday 9am – 4.30pm
No Chapter Banners allowed by the Resort unless they are free standing.
PROGRAM OF EVENTS
Friday 13th May 12 – 5 pm SeaWorld Resort. Registration commences 12pm, followed by a meet and mingle afternoon with red hat merchandise on sale. Have a look at the beautiful amethyst jewelry that we have for our raffles, just $5 per ticket 3 chances to win a beautiful prize.
5 – 6.30 pm Free time, perhaps make your own way along the beach for a lovely walk. Have a coffee in the resort foyer or down at the pool café.
6.45 -10 pm Meet in the SeaWorld resort foyer for our slow 500m walk down to the Plaza at the SeaWorld Theme Park. After the ramp down from the Resort, it is all flat ground.
Theme for the evening – it’s Black and Bling Friday, 13th. Black attire with red hats and lots of Bling. Can be black clothes or you can dress up as witches, warlocks, black cats, etc. The Plaza is under cover but open air. It will be cool, Queensland does have cool nights in winter! You will need warm clothes (it will be too cool for evening gowns) and comfortable shoes! Bring a knee rug if you would like, maybe a blingy red/purple one.
Prizes for the best costume. You can also wear your blingy shawls if you have made them for our last Giggle. Prizes for the best of any of the ‘Black Friday costumes’ and/or blingy shawls.
• There will be dancing and entertainment by our wonderful DJ Steve Michael
• Side show games to play, game coupons supplied.
• Cocktail food nibbles served to individual tables, everyone will be seated.
• Cash Bar.
• Please dress warmly and with walking shoes, 500 metre, mainly flat walk to the Plaza.
• Anyone with walking problems, we will provide limited buggy rides for transport, please let us know if you need this. Very limited.
Saturday 14th May 2022
7.45 am – 8.30 am Exclusive Shark Bay Encounter with Marine Specialist. Maximum 150 guests, so get in early! Note it on your registration form. Meet in the resort foyer to walk down to the aquarium.
9 am till 3 pm Optional tours as below. Limited spaces in each so get your choices in early. Payment when tour booking or by the 1st February 2022 at the latest. Alternatively, you can spend the day at the SeaWorld Theme Park for a special entry price of $35 for resident guests only. Or do your own thing on the Gold Coast!
Various times Return to the resort. You will have free time to do as you please, whether it is socializing, shopping, walking on the beach or having a nanny nap, whatever!
9 am – 4.30 pm Red Hat Merchandisers open – Ocean and Dolphin Rooms.
Saturday Night 6.30pm till 10.30pm.
Walk down to the Convention Centre, to the front and left of the resort. Only 150m.
Dress code – Can you Guess? Yeeessss! We are going Dotty!!!!! Please try to keep in our Colours, but really anything goes! Red hats a must! Could be a dotty dress, shawl, hats, any outfits!!!
A 2 course meal, alternative plate drop, will be provided with a fabulous, very special night of music and dancing with the Doo Wop Dolls, 60’s and 70’ band. Cash Bar.
Entertainment by the Magnificent Mesmerising M’Ladies Dance Troupe.
Sunday 16th August – Wacky MMM McSunday. Try Again!
Wacky, Silly, Mad McSunday! Let your imaginations run wild!
8.30 am Make your way over to the Dolphin Discovery Show in the SeaWorld Theme Park. No cost and plenty of room for everyone.
10.00 am Morning tea available in SeaWorld Convention Centre. Enjoy the wacky table decorations and activities.
10.30 am World Renowned motivational speaker, Amanda Gore. Expect to be delighted, awestruck, tickled and amazed by Amanda.
Amanda Gore. The Vision of The Joy: To help you feel great about yourself, so you can enjoy every day of your life and live to your full potential. The most important thing in life is how well you accept and love yourself because it underpins all your behaviours…
“You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection” Buddha.
12 noon Wacky clothing Fashion Parade. Let your imaginations run wild as this day is WACKY. Prizes for the ‘wackiest’ creations.
Raffle drawing – beautiful amethyst jewellery
12.30 pm 2 course meal alternate drop. Cash Bar.
2 pm Entertainment by The Lovey’s. Eccentric, exciting, hilarious ladies. Superb musicians, brilliantly witty lyrics, great fun. Totally wonderful! To walk into a Loveys show is to experience a wonderful mash of true cabaret in the Weill/Brecht tradition with the humour and wit of four very talented, contemporary and original performers and musicians. The patter, the instrumentation and the pure joy of each performance takes the audience on a ride rich in context and content. Dancing in the aisles is encouraged.
3 pm Approx Handover of Girlfriends Giggle Banner – Any chapters interested in hosting the next Queensland Girlfriend’s Giggle????
For full details and your registration form, please email Queen Michelle at email@example.com or phone 0414856419.